Relationships Under Construction (RUC) teaches youth the blueprint for strong future families. Our program addresses character development, goal setting, how to recognize healthy and unhealthy relationships, and dating violence while exploring the issues of fatherhood, motherhood and healthy family formation. RUC teaches the importance of saving sexual activity for marriage. Consequences of sexual activity outside of marriage including STI/STDs, teen pregnancies and emotional bonding can negatively impact future relations. RUC helps teens and parents understand why avoiding these risks is so important.
Services We Provide
- Classroom Presentations
- Parent Workshops
- Community Seminars
- Curriculum Training
- Mentoring Groups
In areas where RUC programming was implemented the most, teen pregnancy and abortion rates have dropped significantly – as much as 50% in some counties. With your help, we are making a huge impact. Relationships Under Construction works!
Values Embodied in Our Program
- We believe in the integrity of youth and their ability to make healthy decisions when equipped with the right information
- We believe in laying the foundation for a future that can include a healthy marriage and strong family relationships.
- We acknowledge behaviors have consequences, so we encourage healthy decisionmaking, individual responsibility and relationship education.
- We believe in the joy of sexual intimacy. We treat sexual intimacy with respect, understanding that it is best enjoyed in its perfect time and place within marriage.
- We believe in respect for self and others.
- We value life and believe in the pursuit of truth.
- We believe that the whole person is composed of moral, physical, emotional, intellectual, and social elements.